Laurus Books is the Christian and Non-Fiction Imprint of The Laurus Company.
Laurus Books specializes is Christian non-fiction, but we also publish other types of non-fiction works.
Our team of experts will design a unique concept for your book and, after your approval of our design, create original artwork and illustrations for full-color covers that sell. Our editorial staff will edit your book at the level of its need—basic copyediting if you are good with syntax, grammar, and punctuation; or substantive editing if you need more help. We can even do major re-writes for you if you have a good idea but have trouble communicating it.
- We accept full or partial manuscripts for review, and will make recommendations on what will be needed in order for each book to be viable in the marketplace. We consider all options before rejecting a manuscript. We do not accept any materials deemed pornographic in nature or that has excessive profanity or violence. If author is under the age of 18, parental approval is required.
- The editorial service we recommend is determined by the review process—from basic copyediting to full substantive editing with rewrites and/or rearrangement of material (see an explanation of editorial services here).
- We assign and register Library of Congress ISBN numbers. Authors retain full copyright ownership of their books.
- Our experts design front covers that will attract attention, back covers that will sell the book, and interiors that are eye appealing and easy to read.
- Our printing services are state-of-the-art Print-On-Demand (POD). This means a quick turn-around time and lower up-front costs for print orders. After paying a very reasonable one-time set-up fee, the printing cost per book remains the same whether ordering one or one hundred books, and there is no expiration date for our books. Standard offset printing is available for larger orders (over 2,000 paperback and 750 hardback).
- Our books are included in the largest wholesale distribution catalogs in the world, Ingram and Spring Arbor, for national and international distribution through the major booksellers—Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Baker and Taylor, Spring Arbor, and others. In addition to the U.S. market, Laurus Books are also available in over 100 countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom, the countries of the European Union, and Australia. E-books are in markets worldwide. Our books are also available in the new Espresso Book Machine® program. With this revolutionary process, sometimes called “an ATM for books,” our titles can be printed, bound, and delivered at point of sale, on demand, in minutes.
- In addition to Ingram Books and Spring Arbor distribution, our parent company, The Laurus Company, maintains an online bookstore where authors and books are featured and books can be ordered for direct retail shipment to consumers. This is a great convenience for authors who want to market their books themselves without the hassles of setting up their own shopping cart and fulfilling orders. Book sales through The Laurus Company online bookstore generate the highest royalties for our authors.